Monday, June 4, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Think Inside the Box

   I like blogging about whatever I'm excited about at the moment. At this moment, it's Lean Cuisine's Delicious Rewards Program. With 3 teenage step daughters, my 26 year old daughter and moi, we go through a lot of Lean Cuisines at our house. While on the website recently, I discovered the Delicious Rewards Program, where you enter a code located inside your meal's box, and get points for them. With these points, you can get items, such as a lunch bag or Free Lean Cuisine. You sometimes also get asked to answer a survey and get Bonus points for that. I've already ordered my first item- white salt and pepper shakers shaped like little birds. It's kind of like the old S & H Green Stamps program, if you remember those.
Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
Red Code Located Inside the Box
   Speaking of Lean Cuisines, they have a new Culinary Round table, comprised of 7 chefs that are working to spice things up a bit with new meals and recipes. One of them is Michelle Bernstein, a Latina from Miami who owns and operates one of my favorite restaurants-  Michy's. There are four different "collections" of Lean Cuisines to choose from, so it's hard to get bored. In the culinary collection, (with 65 meals), my new favorites are the Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli and Ranchero Braised Beef with Chipolte Sweet Potatoes. My old favorites from this category are  Chicken in Peanut Sauce and Beef Portabello. My daughter A.J. loves the Garlic Chicken Spring Rolls and Roasted Garlic Chicken. In the Spa Collection,(with 17)  I really like the Butternut Squash Ravioli and in the Simple Favorites category, I enjoy Stuffed Cabbage, Swedish Meatballs (loved by more than me in the family) and Chicken Enchilada Suiza. Now, after I eat my Lean Cuisine, I rush to enter the numbers into my Delicious Rewards. A little thing, that makes me happy.

   "I believe the key to happiness is: someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to."
                                   Elvis Presley

I look forward to figuring out how to rotate my photos on my new computer.

No comments: