Sunday, June 24, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Treats Redefined

New Treats!
  Before I started this diet, 12 days ago (not that I'm counting), a "treat" at the end of the day included a glass of wine (or two) and a piece (or two) of dark chocolate. Now that those are no longer permitted, I struggled to find something to look foward to. While I can't drink wine, I can drink tea and have been enjoying many different kinds, including Chocolate Bliss by Celestial Seasonings. It smells and tastes faintly like chocolate. A glass of sprakling water, with a wedge of lemon, is also a nice break from the plain old tap (filtered with Brita) water I drink all day. A hot bath has always been my refuge of choice, and that hasn't changed. Massages, recommended on the HcG diet, are a welcome treat, as is meditation, yoga and pilates, all feel-good activities that are healthy and benificial. While I was doing yoga the other day, I noticed it was easier to reach around my waist and it was a great feeling. Other "treats", buying a new Organix Shampoo flavor, getting a mani pedi and buying a string bikini as motivation to hang in there. I've lost six pounds so far- not the pound a day I was planning on, more like a half a pound a day. That's fine, probably a little healthier in the long run and since I don't have THAT much to lose, I guess it's to be expected. Going to the Heat Celebration at the Miami Airlines Arena tomorrow! Can't wait!

No comments: