Tuesday, June 5, 2012


Today is our Eight Year Anniversary. Zeke thinks it's neat, the number of our anniversary is 06,05,04, which we didn't even think about when we said our vows eight years ago. While I was researching gifts to get for the 8th (Pottery, Bronze or Lace), one of the things I read mentioned the number 8 is also the symbol (sideways) for infinity, so some people get each other items with the infinity symbol on it. What is it about the infinite that fascinates us so? Perhaps it's because it's a concept our little brains can't handle. I remember learning the meaning of it in Math class and not being able to process how certain numbers would never stop. And, when we look into the night sky and see the depth and blackness of the universe, we are reminded of infinity and our small part in it. "To infinity and beyond!" is, of course, the ever-optimistic Buzz Lightyear's motto. But I think that the reason we are most fascinated by this symbol (and I just heard today that Emma wants an infinity ring and A.J. wants an infinity tattoo) is because it reminds us of love. A love without a beginning and without an end- a love that will never die. I also think we are fascinated by it is because it represents something bigger than ourselves, something that will outlive us and our mere mortal lives. As for me, we've gotten past the seven year itch and are closing in on a decade of marriage, so I'm going to Pop the champagne and break in our new toasting glasses, which I got for Zeke for our anniversary. Yes, I totally went off the list but got what he wanted. Here's toasting to many more! To Infinity and Beyond!

No comments: