Saturday, February 27, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Friday, February 12, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
- Most (86 percent) don't drive luxury cars. I drive a 1998 Toyota Avalon. Nuff said
- Most pay about $16 for a haircut. OK, I'm thinking these are men we're talking about here. I get my hair colored and cut twice a year at a fancy salon. It costs a fortune, but in between I go to Hair Cuttery.
- Four in ten buy wine that costs about $10. That is definitely my style. If I can get it for even cheaper, so much the better. Cotsco is a great place to get decent wine at a good price.
- In the US, three times as many millionaires live in homes valued under $300,000. Unfortunately, I am not in that category and it is one place where a lot of our money goes- not just in mortgage payments, but in taxes and insurance, electricity and water.
- The #1 shoe brand worn by millionaire women is Nine West. Ann Taylor is their favorite clothing store. I have my share of Nine West shoes and can go Ann Taylor one better, by shopping at Ann Taylor Loft.
How did you do with this test? Now that we've gotten used to cutting back on luxuries to get us through this rough patch, it might be time to re-assess what we really need to make us happy. Maybe financial security feels better in the long run, than fancy vacations and nice cars in the short run. It's food for thought.