Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Be Kind; Eat KIND

I've been searching for a yummy energy bar ever since I tasted my first one when I first started playing tennis, years ago. That one tasted like chalk and, although the chalk came in different flavors- vanilla, chocolate and oatmeal raisin- the overall taste was like dried powder that was chewy and yucky and just sat in your mouth. So, I'm happy to announce I've finally found an energy bar that tastes good- The Kind Bar. It comes in nine different flavors, is relatively low in calories (between 150 and 230) and tastes like real food, not a writing utensil. The one I tried (Fruit and Nut Delight) was made of nuts, dried fruits, puffed rice, flax seeds, as well as other ingredients and was crunchy, sweet and delicious. Since I discovered it a few months ago, I've seen it written up in many magazines, so apparently I'm not the only one who's digging this all-natural, wheat free bar of yumminess. Obviously, eating fresh foods such as fruit, veggies and protein is the ideal way to eat, but in our go-go world, it isn't always an option. I HATE getting hungry- it puts me into a nasty mood and I just can't think straight (like the guys in the Snickers commercials) so I always keep a little, healthy snack in my purse or tennis bag. From now on, it will likely be The Kind Bar.  Their motto is- "Do the KIND thing- for your body, your taste buds, & the world." Amen to that!

No comments: