Sunday, June 17, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ A Matter of Perscpective

Needle used to inject HcG each morning.
While some programs recommend injecting the stomach, I do it in alternating thighs.
People may be sick of hearing about the HcG Diet I am on, but I blog about what I am into and lately I am into HcG (or maybe I should say HcG is into me!). My friend asked if I felt pregnant, since HcG is what your body produces when you are pregnant so the body doesn't reject the fetus.
 I said I kind of did. Maybe it's psychosomatic, but the need to pee and just the FEELING of being pregnant seems to be there, along with a dry mouth and mood swings. At any rate, I had my first real test last night, which was a dinner party at a friend's house who is a wonderful cook. I stuck to my guns, pretty much, but when I turned down a glass of Dom Perignon, had to fess up to the reason. My hostess, who knew before I was on a diet, told me she had done it and felt terrible while she was on it. She said the reason people lose weight on it is because it's only 500 calories and that she was hungry the entire time (she did it for two weeks). Also, that she felt dizzy and lightheaded because she kept exercising (Zumba) throughout. Well, I'm on day 6 and I feel much less hungry than I did the first couple days and, as I mentioned before, my body FEELS different, like a chemical change is going on inside. I spoke to other guests at the party, one of whom has a friend that has lost a lot of weight on the diet.
   "It changed her life," Gema said. "You're going to love the way you look and feel." 
   And so, I think it's a matter of perspective with this diet. If you are committed, if you think it's going to work for you and if you think you will be able to adapt to a changed lifestyle after it's over,
it probably will work. As for me, I plan to give it a go. And the two other women at the party asked me to e-mail them the information about the HcG. Since this is Upsides to the Down Economy, I should mention that this diet is not cheap, but I did get it in a Groupon type deal, so paid about half (or less) than the going price.

No comments: