Sunday, October 11, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/Be Present


Be where you are. This sounds simple, but it's really not. When you are playing PLAY, when you are working WORK, when you are driving DRIVE. Go Dog Go. I was recently at a dinner party where one of the guests left after dinner to run an errand, and when they got back to the party, got on their cell phone. When I play tennis, even in matches, players are constantly checking their phones in between points. I hate that. I leave my phone in the car when I play tennis because I am there to play tennis- I can check my phone calls when I'm done. Unless you have a sick child at home, or some one you know is on the verge of death, I don't see a reason to bring your phone to a match. To be really present in the moment is living life to the fullest. It costs nothing, but pays back so much in return.

No comments: