Saturday, October 17, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Be Grateful


I just took a drive through my old neighborhood- Mangowood. It was a Desperate Housewives type neighborhood where everybody knew your name. (Wait, that's Cheers) Memories of my life when my oldest kids were young, came flooding back when I saw a group of kids playing football in the front yard. I don't usually like driving, but today I was happy to meander about. By the park Christopher played his first soccer match at (he was only 5), by the church we used to attend, where AJ had her first communion. I was struck by the sheer beauty of my surroundings driving down Old Cutler, and then Red Road; of the regal royal palms against the luminous sky. The autumn light hitting the landscape at sunset was especially beautiful. I then passed my old elementary school and the park I used to take Brad, my oldest, to play when he was a toddler. He's now 29. How fast the years go by... how fast this year's gone by! And then my eyes filled up with tears because I am grateful for every year, every month, every moment.

No comments: