Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ The Bucket List


I've heard people talking lately about their Bucket Lists- you know, the things you want to do before you kick it. Maybe, it's becoming more relevant because, when things get tough, we tend to focus on what's important to us. Or maybe we just want something to look forward to- to keep our spirits up on days when life throws us a curve ball. I got to check off one of the items on my BL list this year that I'd hope to do since high school. Surf! Went to my sister Elise's beach house during Spring Break and took a surfing lesson in Cocoa Beach (where Major Nelson lives with Jeannie). Getting up on the surfboard and "catching a wave" (even a small one) was as fun as I'd always imagined it would be. The Beach Boys weren't kidding- I was "sittin' on top of the world" at that moment in time. Now, I just have to visit all 50 states ( I have 17 left to go), read the Bible and sell a screenplay. What's on your Bucket List? Is it the same as it was ten years ago? Have you checked anything off? Maybe it's time to revise, renew and pursue it. Mazel tov!

No comments: