Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Nanny Chronicles/ The UN of Nannies

I got six phone calls yesterday regarding the position advertised. Despite specifying "must speak at least some English", two of them who called barely spoke English, and the other two, not at all. One asked "Spanish?" I said "No" and she hung up. I'm not sure how they are even reading my ad if they don't speak English. Living in Miami, I really wish I spoke Spanish, but I do not and I need to be able to communicate with this person. Comprendo? I have an interview with one of the two English-speaking candidates today and need to call the other one back. I was worried that Braid Lady would overhear them asking about the position on the answering machine since she worked yesterday and the phone kept ringing. I thought she was going to be gone this week, but it is next week. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: