Thursday, October 29, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Recyclable Bags


Went to my favorite store (Target) yesterday and brought a couple of reusable bags with me. To my delight, the cashier informed me that if you bring in your own bags, you get 5 cents off per bag. So, not only am I saving the environment, I'm saving money! You can't beat that. When I was in Italy this summer, we went shopping at a local grocery store for dinner that night. As we went to pay, the cashier kept trying to explain something to us (in Italian) that we didn't understand. We finally figured out that we were being charged for the plastic bags to carry out the groceries in. Maybe, if we started doing that over here it would be a good incentive to remember the recyclable bags. I always try to keep a couple in the trunk for unexpected stops. If you forget yours, you can usually buy one at the store you're shopping at. They're usually only 99 cents and I find you can never have too many. As Martha would say, "It's a Good Thing."

No comments: