Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Nanny Chronicles/ The UN of Nannies

I am trying to find a Nanny/Housekeeper, but mostly a housekeeper because the children are older (15, 12, 11) and don't really need a Nanny. I need someone to pick up the kids from school. and my current housekeeper (Braid Lady as my youngest has knicknamed her) refuses to do this. She also refuses to vacuum because she says my vacuum "stinks", won't wash the windows outside because "it is too hot", complains about having to dust cobwebs in the windowsills "because they always come back" and overall, she is constantly complaining. Although she calls herself a "happy person", I believe she is disgruntled with her current job since she used to be a professional in her native land in South America. She is going home for a few weeks, so I have put an ad on a local website for a new Nanny/Housekeeper. Here it is:

I am looking for a trustworthy housekeeper/Nanny who speaks at least some English, has a cheerful disposition and is good with kids and pets. I would need this person 2 days a week to clean, iron, pick up the kids (3 girls) from school and possibly start dinner.

Someone responded that it sounds like Mary Poppins. Wouldn't that be nice? I am now awaiting calls.

No comments: