Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/Bundle Your Errands



Bundle your errands, also known as killing two birds with one stone (kind of a grisly analogy when you think about it.) On a recent weekend I trekked out to a Plant Store to get some shiny black rocks for my yard. Just across the street is a great fruit and produce store, so I popped in there to get some amazing strawberries and also some pasta (perciatelli) that I can't buy at my neighborhood grocery. After that errand, I went to Crate and Barrel (read my blog from 2/20/2010 ) to buy wine glasses and then dashed into Publix across the street to pick up a couple items I needed. This technique is especially helpful if you have to go somewhere out of your way- hit any stores you need to while you're there. If you don't know the area, look around while you're driving for stores you may need to frequent, or look up the surrounding area on the internet. So make a list, plan your route (Mapquest of GPS helps) and bundle your errands. This tip will save you gas, time and energy. So, don't delay-bundle your errands today.

No comments: