Saturday, February 27, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Thoughtful Gifts




A thoughtful gift need not cost a fortune. On my tennis team, we celebrate birthdays every month and if I were to run out and get a gift for each person on my team (there are more than 14), I would quickly go broke. I try to give creative gifts that are heartfelt, yet don't break the bank. One year I burned a "Relaxing" CD for every one celebrating their birthday. Last year, I made photo cards with photos I've taken. I wrote the location the photo was taken in pencil below and then wrapped the cards and envelopes with raffia. For a friend's birthday yesterday, I paired a spa candle I got at Marshalls with a pretty vintage tea cup I found at a thrift shop (also known as Oodwillga). I wrapped it with cellophane and tied it with a green grosgrain bow. This is exactly the kind of gift I would like to get myself, and so the perfect gift to give to a friend. Remember, if you use your noggin (and a few creative sparks), you don't have too use too much moola!

No comments: