Monday, February 8, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Crazy Heart


I LOVE Jeff Bridges and I LOVED Crazy Heart. Since this blog is (occasionally) about ways to save money, how about this stat? Crazy Heart was made in 24 days for 7 million dollars. Despite what qualifies as an almost student film budget, it is up for an Oscar for Best Picture, along with Avatar, which took 15 years to make and a bazillion dollars to shoot. I may be exaggerating, but you get my point. A pivotal concert scene in the movie had to be shot in an hour, at a Toby Keith concert. You can't tell me it would have been any better if it had taken days and days. In fact, it is this relaxed, natural feel about the movie that makes it so good. That, and Jeff Bridges... and everybody else in the movie. I am "heartened" to see that a simple story with great acting has turned into such a success. This the best movie I have seen in a long time. Go see it!

No comments: