Friday, February 5, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Happy Birthday C.D.

My daughter turned 24 Monday. She wanted a CD player for her car so I burned her a CD of songs that reminded me of her for her birthday. It's much easier than putting together a scrap book or photo album! Music is such an evocative medium- it brings back memories and takes us back in time. I had a great time going through my CD's and racking my brain for what songs stuck out as memorable as she was growing up. I started with a song from the year she was born- Walk of Life by the Dire Straits and ended with Hello World by a hot new country group- Lady Antebellum. In between were a Patsy Cline song I used to play to walk her to sleep when she was a baby, a song from the first concert I took her to (Billy Joel- River of Dreams), Butterfly Kisses- for her Dad and lots of Boy Band songs (Hanson, Sugar Ray, LFO). Boy Bands were big back in her teen years. I made a copy for myself and have been listening to it in the car as I drive around. It is a tie that binds us together. Now she just need to get a CD player to play it.

No comments: