Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/Love the OXO Products



Tonight was Zeke's birthday and he wanted Tandoori Shrimp so I decided to make it for him. The Indian-style dinner was rounded out with Jasmine Rice with coconut grilled corn and scallions, grilled veggies (zucchini and red pepper) and Naan bread, grilled with Raita, a yogurt based sauce with chopped cucumber, mint and cumin. The cukes needed to be peeled and seeded, so after I peeled my cuke with my handy OXO peeler, I turned to the other end of the peeler and used it to scrape out the seeds. My sister Kelley recommended the OXO and it's been great! The OXO gadgets have big fat black handles, which work good in the hands. I love the peeler and the other side can be used to scoop out eyes in a potato or seeds in a cucumber, much easier than the knife I first tried. Genius!

No comments: