Saturday, June 25, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Recycle those Ink Cartridges



Quick blog on an easy way to save a couple bucks. I went to Office Depot this week to purchase ink cartridges for my printer. This purchase is a necessary evil, since they cost so much it pains me to buy them, but of course I need the darned ink. As she was ringing me up, the cashier mentioned if I had brought my used ink cartridges in I could have gotten $2 back. That lessons the sting a bit, plus I feel like I'm doing something good for the environment by recycling. She told me I could still get the discount, if I brought them in at a later date with my receipt. And you know what? I just may do that!

1 comment:

Gleesganders said...

Update on the ink cartridges. You are allowed to recycle 10 a month and get a $2 credit for each, which is put on an Office Depot rewards card. You have to activate it on the computer (which I had a hard time doing) and once you do, you also get 10% back on your purchases put on the card. I now have $20 on it and probably will spend it on another ink cartridge. I know it is a way to get me to spend money at Office Depot, but I love anything that saves me money and this is one of those things.