Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Dare to Dream







Lay down for a while and let me probe your inner thoughts. No, I am not a therapist but you have an: instant shrink, entertainer and problem-solver right at your fingertips every day (or should I say night?) of your life. Like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, the power lies within you and that is the power of your dreams. It costs nothing to employ this remarkable ability to provide insight into the inner workings of your subconscious mind, but you do need to make some effort to remember your dreams.


For at least a couple years now, I have kept a little notebook by my bedside, so when I wake up I can record my dreams. Remembering your dreams starts even before you go to sleep. Follow these steps to help you get the most out of your sleeping hours.



1) Make a conscious decision to remember your dreams.


2) Put a pad and pencil within easy reach of your bed.


3) Try waking up gently (without an alarm), since sudden noises can jolt you out of your reverie.


When you awake, avoid changing positions when trying to remember your dreams. Talking to someone, turning on the TV, even standing up can cause the delicate memory of your dream to evaporate. Dreams can uncover subconscious worries, or point us in a direction in making a decision. While we've all had dreams where one person looks like someone else, or things didn't make any LOGICAL sense, the important factor is your own reaction to the person, place or thing. This is your show, you invented it and the best person to interpret it is you. When I am completely baffled by a dream, I sometimes turn to a friend (with an outside perspective) to give me some insight. There's also, The Dream Dr. on the internet to interpret symbols and meaning to your dreams. So what are you waiting for?
Dream...dream, dream, dream......

No comments: