Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Feed the Ducks




Take a peek inside my bathroom cabinet or my freezer and you might think you're watching an episode of Hoarders. I hate throwing away perfectly good toilet paper rolls- I keep thinking one of the kids might need them for a craft project or we could make paper mache objects with them. As far as the freezer, that is old bread that is not fit for human consumption that I keep thinking I will feed the ducks that live in a park near our house, one day. Apparently one day is not good enough for my husband. After having a couple beers and dealing with an overstuffed freezer, he put all the bread out on the kitchen counter with a "FEED THE DUCKS" sign that I encountered the next morning. I have a hard time throwing things away and I hate wasting food, but I realize this may be a problem. First, there is the practical result that we have no room in our freezer and that when I open my cabinet door, empty toilet paper rolls fall on my head. Also, clutter is bad Feng Shui. The chi (energy) gets trapped in the clutter and is not able to function properly, thereby draining energy and overall quality of life. So, I need to finally FEED THE DUCKS and see if there are any art teachers or schools out there in need of a bunch of toilet paper rolls. I will feel better when I have cleared out my clutter. What about you?

No comments: