Thursday, November 19, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ La Dolce Vita


When times are bad and people don't want to splurge on fancy restaurant dinners, treats like ice cream become a way to get out and eat a treat, without breaking the bank. The other day I had a craving for pumpkin frozen yogurt, but since all the TCBY's have practically disappeared, I went to my local ice cream store (Whip and Dip) and treated myself to pumpkin spice ice cream in a sugar cone. Yummy! An even cheaper alternative is buying your favorite ice cream (Chunky Monkey) at the grocery store and making your own cones (or cups). And making your own ice cream, if you have an ice cream maker, offers the opportunity to "Have it your way". You can make lower fat ice cream, different flavors of sorbet, or mix in your own goodies for a customized blend. I made a biscotti- almond ice cream that my family loved. So when life gives you a lickin', get lickin' and enjoy a little bit of bliss in a cone.

No comments: