Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Cheap Eats

When I go out for a meal, I want to get the most Bang for my Buck. I think consumers nowadays not only want good food, they want good deals. Take, for example the Bento Box I had today at my favorite Sushi place. They have different lunch specials with various combinations. I got a miso soup, salad with ginger dressing, California roll, vegetable and shrimp tempura and chicken teryiaki, all for eight bucks. You can't beat that! Only wish I would have taken a photo to show you. At another sushi place near my house, they have specials on happy hour and a little bottle of sake for just $3. There's also an Italian place that has amazing happy hour deals like 2 for 1 drinks and half-off appetizers. The apps are delicious- stacks of nicely fried eggplant parmigiana and huge platters of calamari with marinara. With a glass (or two) of wine, it's dinner. And Mamma Mia! you haven't spent a fortune.

No comments: