Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Magic Eraser

May has been a hectic month for me- hence the shortage of postings but just wanted to mention a wonderful product my daughter A.J. turned me onto called Magic Eraser. I don't know how I've gone my whole life without knowing about this but, as they say, better late than never. It's a product by Mr. Clean (we of a certain generation remember the bald headed cleaning genie) that looks like a white sponge that has some cleaning product in it and is great at removing grit and grime from many surfaces. It is especially helpful on door frames, around light switches and on base boards; with the entertaining I've done at the house this month, I've been working to do some Spring Cleaning. I had two parties here this month- The Kentucky Derby party and an April in Paris Dinner Party. My mother always said that you need to have a party every now and then to "keep you honest" and I think she was right. It's easy to let things around the house slide - like that hole in my kitchen wall and the worn and torn couch in the family room- but throwing a party is just the motivation you need to get the place spruced up. As a result, I got new family room furniture, fixed the hole in the wall and guests said the house has never looked prettier. And I also have to thank Mr. Clean and the Magic Eraser (found on the cleaning aisle of your grocery store for about a dollar a sponge) for helping me whip the house into shape.

No comments: