Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Meanderings on October







Can you believe it's October already? Amazing. Well, my swimming in the summer is tapering off a bit, as I start running with the cooler weather. Went swimming the other day and it was a little cool at first, but warmed up. All this swimming has made me look at my pool in a new way. It desperately needs to be refinished (the plaster is coming off the bottom), the bronze tiles rimming the edge are hopelessly dated (circa 1970's), I worry the chlorine I'm swimming in is giving me cancer and thinking about switching to salt and wonder how much it would cost to heat the pool by solar power. We have a flat roof and plenty of sun here in Miami, but anything is solar is expensive.



All of these thoughts are circling my brain while I'm swimming and is supposed to be an "active meditation", not a worry, problem-solving fest. Anyway, my sulfate-free shampoo is doing well on my itchy scalp, but bought a new fragrance (coconut milk) because how long can you wash your hair with tea tree mint? Now that I have discovered the benefits of natural cleansers, I've noticed other products claiming to be sulfate-free. Just read a statistic in the paper about how if you've had a pillow more than 2 years, the majority of it is filled with dead skin and dust mites. Gross! I think it's time to buy new pillows, pronto! And if that's true of our own personal pillows, what about hotel pillows? Or airline pillows! Yuck! So as you can see, I have a lot of projects (and problems) going on this month. Here's wishing you a happy, healthy, sulfate-free October!

No comments: