Thursday, October 13, 2011

Upside to the Down Economy/ Shop Online



My friend Katy's birthday was yesterday and as of yesterday morning, I hadn't gotten her a gift. This was a problem because she lives in Orlando and I'm in Miami. Last year, I got her a couple bottles of her favorite bottle of wine and had them shipped to her house, but even then I needed a couple days notice. I decided to get her a gift certificate to a salon in Orlando that we'd gone to when I visited a couple years ago. We had Egyptian paraffin pedicures where they encased your legs in wax, that were heavenly. I saved the card from the salon and called. They recommended I go to their website online and it was so easy! I picked the dollar amount, got to pick the background of the gift certificate and they e-mailed her the gift certificate that day, so I was even on time. Contrast that with the presents I got for my niece Allison (birthday tomorrow) that I bought, wrapped, packaged and then had to go to the post office to send, and this was a lot easier. So if you run out of time, think online!

No comments: