Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Resolve to Remember Your Goals



Memorial Day has passed and today is the last month of May. Tomorrow is June! Where has the month/year gone? On this day after Memorial Day, I am going to take this opportunity to look at the goals I set at the end of last year and see how I am doing. So, in addition to remembering the people who died for us in the service of our country, I am going to perform a gut check one short month, before half the year is over. My goals are usually the same: Start writing more, lose weight, travel, have more fun and learn Spanish. So how am I doing? I still need to start writing more, and to dedicate more time to my craft. Of course, discovering this fact right before school's out for summer is not the most brilliant timing, but I need to come up with a plan to make it work. Losing weight? I probably weigh the same as when the year started, but now I'm on this extreme diet (that's making me cranky), so hope springs eternal. I am running 2-3 times a week and exercising 2 to 3 other times, in addition to yoga and tennis, so I feel like I'm doing pretty good on the "staying in shape" front. Travel- not so much this year. Other than Key West (and that was in January) and a couple short trips to the Keys, nada. Hopefully, the summer will offer some more travel opportunities (or I shall just make them happen myself). I have had quite a few parties this year- Wine tasting supper club in Feb,, St. Patty's Day dinner in March, End-of-the-year Tennis Party and Family Birthday Party in May. In addition, my daughter AJ and I catered a Garden Party for 30, something that was a new and fun experience. Although I didn't get to go see the shuttle launch, there is one left I am registered for, so I have my fingers crossed. It is the last shuttle launch for NASA. Learning Spanish, unfortunately, was a total wash. I signed up for the class, paid $150 and only made it to two classes. I guess it will just have to go on my list for next year.

How are you doing at this "almost half-way through the year" mark? What do you want to improve on/do more of/stop doing? You still have 7 months left- so make a new list, rededicate yourself and make the most of the rest of 2011! Adios muchachos.

No comments: