Friday, May 27, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Rack Up the Sales
















Somehow, I missed getting that "girly gene" that loves to shop. Although I like shopping for things around the house, I HATE shopping for clothes. I would rather go to the dentist, the gynecologist, the DMV, get my oil changed, my teeth drilled, watch paint dry, than spend a day at the mall. Yet, sometimes of course, one needs clothes. While I usually favor Marshalls or T.J. Maxx (which are both part of the same company), their selection can be hit and miss. Sometimes it's feast, other times famine and if you are going in search of one particular item it's always a risky proposition. I avoid Department stores at all costs, but have been having a great deal of luck lately at Nordstorm Rack. I went to get a dress for an event and ended up walking away with three dresses, all marked down half price or more. On a previous visit, I bought this white Classic Calvin Klein dress that can be dressed up, down and kind of reminds me of the dress Ilsa wore in Casablanca when she first walks into the club and sees long lost love Rick. The other two are Maggy London that I wore to two events. I also got a knockout red Adrianna Papell. They have designer duds SLASHED in price. My daughter, who used to only buy in Department Stores LOVED Nordstrom Rack and walked away with some great buys herself. It is clean, well organized and seems more like a department store than a Marshalls or T.J.Maxx. According to the website "Nordstrom Rack offers a wide selection of apparel, accessories and shoes from our Nordstrom stores and Nordstrom.com at reduced prices." This place is not just for girls, they have men's stuff too, as well as clothes for kids, maternity clothes and a wide selection of shoes. I sound like a commercial so I have to say "Try it, you'll like it!" Or at least it will make shopping less painful.

No comments: