Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Woman's Words of Wisdom



I saw an interview with Jane Fonda on Oprah the other day and she said the secret to staying young is to be more interested than interesting. (That and a little plastic surgery.) Also, that she tries to learn something every day, in every situation- to be constantly curious. I like that advice- it's never too late to learn something new and it does make life more interesting. I enjoy reading biographies and autobiographies of strong woman. I read Jane Fonda's a year or two ago- My Life So Far (great title) and I highly recommend it. She did her first interview with Ted Turner since they got divorced in 2001 (it's on her blog) and she said they were both "works in progress", which I think is a great mindset at 70 plus years of age. Another biography I really enjoyed reading was Katharine Hepburn's - Me: Stories of My Life. I read it after Hurricane Andrew destroyed our house, and reading how she rebuilt her family home after a hurricane had leveled it, was just the motivation I needed to pick myself up and start again. But in any bio I read, I take away something worthwhile- whether it's admiration, inspiration or just a little better understanding of another human being.

"If you always do what interests you, at least one person is pleased." Katharine Hepburn

"I feel we are all islands- in a common sea." Anne Morrow Lindbergh

"It's never too late- never too late to start over, never too late to be happy." Jane Fonda

No comments: