Monday, August 23, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Rub me the Right Way


A couple years ago my full time nanny quit and about a month later, as I was getting a lovely massage at a hotel spa, I decided to make getting a massage a regular part of my life. I reasoned with the money I was saving with the nanny (and since I was the one becoming Mary Poppins), I would treat myself to a monthly massage. I joined Massage Envy and never looked back. It costs $59 (plus tip) a month for one "pre-paid" massage and if you get another massage in the same month, it's only $39. While some might consider getting a massage an extravagance in a shaky economy, I find with the multiple stresses and negative energy circulating in these precarious times, I need it more than ever. It's one luxury I hope never to give up; the benefits to my physical and mental well being are well worth every cent. Having said that, I do try to make the most of my massage, so I can get the most bang for my buck. I joined Massage Envy because it's relatively inexpensive and convenient for me, but there are also massage schools that give inexpensive massages and individual masseuses (I recommend getting a referral) that are also options. Some masseuses will even come to your house, saving you the stress of driving to and from the massage. Next time, I will follow with tips on how to make the most of your massage.

No comments: