Sunday, August 1, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Hail to the Chic







A recent eight dollar purchase has given me an immense amount of happiness. It's a little bottle of purple-grey colored nail polish, Sally Hanson Salon Manicure, #370 Commander in Chic. Given Chelsea Clinton's recent nuptials, it seemed a good time to blog about it. I had admired the color on a friend at a dinner party. She told me where she'd gotten it (CVS), so I ran out and bought a bottle. Not only do I like the color, the Salon Manicure includes base coat, top coat and hardener, so you don't have to go through all those steps that you normally would to give yourself a mani/pedi. It also has a rounded tip brush, which is genius and makes application a breeze. I love getting a mani/pedi at a salon, but the price tag (about $40 when you factor in tip) is prohibitive in this economy so I have been doing it myself, a lot more lately. While I like the color in the summer with a tan, I believe it will transition beautifully into fall, which is right around the corner. When I saw this same friend at another dinner party last night, she was wearing Commander in Chic, and so was her best friend. And so was I. To all those Commander in Chic's out there, I salute you! Mazel Tov.

No comments: