Monday, March 15, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Reusable Coffee Filters







I clipped a recent article about a variety of uses for paper coffee filters. My favorite tip is probably to use them to cover food in the microwave, but you can also use them to polish stainless steel and as a wrap for herbs in a soup or stew (instead of cheesecloth). Which is good because I can never find cheesecloth when I need it. I have plenty of paper coffee filters leftover because I bought a metal coffee filter years ago and that way I don't waste paper and have no added expense. After I make coffee, I just dump the grinds in my compost container I keep in my kitchen, rinse it off and voila! Ready for the next day. As a round-up of other blogs, I finally found the photo of my son as The Joker in the costume I "made" for Halloween and took a photo of the Ricotta Lemon Almond Muffins (Nonna's Muffins by Giada) I baked yesterday morning. Perfect with a cup of coffee made with a reusable coffee filter. Enjoy!

No comments: