Thursday, March 25, 2010











Part of the three R's is recycle (renew, reuse), so this past weekend I recycled some old cane chairs I've had around forever. Since we are usually short dining room chairs, I wanted to transform the off-white, vinyl-covered Bistro chairs that stick out like a sore thumb, into chairs that resembled my Ethan Allen dining room chairs. So, I bought a couple of cans of paint at Home Depot ($6 each), some compatible fabric at Joanne's ($25)and off I went on my mission! I first unscrewed the seat from the chair. then cleaned, sanded and primed my chairs. After the primer dried, I zapped the chairs with a couple coats of my espresso brown satin paint (pretty!), cut out a circle of my grass cloth type fabric, stapled it on with a heavy duty stapler, put the whole thing together and voila! "New" chairs for about 10 bucks each. And I get the satisfaction of knowing I did it myself (with a little help from my hubby). Now I am ready for my next dinner party with chairs that won't stick out like a sore thumb.

No comments: