Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Top 10 Holiday Movies


Haven't blogged in a week. Can you say Holiday Stress anyone? Shopping this week with hubby hoping to get it knocked out (for at least part of the family) this week. I proposed to the girls last week: "Wouldn't it be fun for Christmas to just watch Holiday movies, listen to Holiday music, sing Christmas Carols and forget about all the presents?" Needless to say, they were not too fond of that idea and of course, I am neglecting to mention that Christmas is really supposed to be about Jesus's birth, not gifts. But, when you are young, Christmas, at least for most of us, is all about the "stuff". For adults, however it's all about shopping in madness, eating and drinking until we're ready to explode and being stressed out over too much to do, to buy, to accomplish before December 25th arrives. I have no illusions that we will ever have a Christmas where I don't buy ANY gifts, but I will give you my top Holiday movies to watch. This costs nothing if you watch them on TV, not too much if you buy them and they will give you years of Holiday pleasure without having to step foot inside a store. Hallelujah!


Top Christmas Movies


1) Charlie Brown Christmas

2) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

3) A Christmas Story

4) White Christmas

5) It's a Wonderful Life

6) Miracle on 34th Street

7) Holiday Inn

8) A Christmas Carol (with Alistair Sims)

9) The Bells of St. Mary's

10)The Santa Clause (I am actually not too fond of this one but my nephew swears by it)


No comments: