Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Upsides to the Down Economy/ End-of-the-Year Round Up


Don't you just love those End-of-the-Year articles that start coming out this time of year in magazines, newspapers and on the Internet? They tell the best and the worst stories of the year, the big events that occurred and also, remind of us of people that died that year. I do a similar round up myself when I transfer birth dates and anniversaries over from my old calender to my new one. As I am copying the dates, I read what occurred, month by month in the year that is almost over. So, as I reviewed the year: In January I saw the Eagles in concert and then stayed in a Haunted Hotel while I visited my niece in Colorado. In February, I hosted six couples for an aphrodisiac dinner party at my house. Very sweet (and naughty!) In April I fulfilled a life-long dream and surfed at Cocoa Beach! In June, my hubby and I celebrated five years of married bliss and in July, I took my daughter to Italy for two weeks. November proved to be eventful as I had an article about my Aunt Josie published in the Miami Herald, my youngest son turned 21 and I turned 50! All these events, milestones, benchmarks mean something and I think the end-of-the year is the perfect time to review them. What did you accomplish? Where did you go? What did you do? What is left to be done? As for me, I still want to have a Spa party (for girls only), a wine tasting party (for couples), I want to publish an article I've written and write some short screenplays that have been brewing in my head. I like to look at my New Year's Resolutions from the year before and see what I've accomplished and what is left to be done. Some items may no longer be things you want to do, so lose them. As for me, I didn't learn Spanish or lose weight this year, but hope springs eternal each New Year. Happy New Year Y'all and Feliz Ano Nuevo!

No comments: