Monday, July 2, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Hanging in There

Note to Self
I went to a tennis round robin the other day and not one person noticed I'd lost weight, except my partner, who didn't count because I'd already told her I was on this diet. I couldn't help but think "Really? I'm 5'2" and I've lost eight pounds, and no one notices?" To make matters worse, my partner who is the same height as me has lost weight and everybody noticed! She's lost more- twelve pounds- but still! So, I did get depressed, but then thought about it and remembered SOME people have noticed I lost weight- my husband, my sister, my daughter, my friend Susie, but most of all- ME!

With tennis friends at the Sony

I have noticed in my gut that there is less there, when I sleep on my side, there is not such a pooch and my face looks thinner. And, bottom line, I am doing this for me, no one else. Sick of feeling fat, sick of thinking about losing weight but not doing anything about it and, lastly, I refuse to go up another size- that is just admitting defeat. So, here I stand TEN pounds lighter than where I started, with five days left. Unfortunately, I have not lost the pound a day I was hoping for, more like a half a pound a day, but that's still good. I intend of staying on 1200 calories a day for the next three week phase to lose about five pounds more, and then we'll see. And I get to add in a glass of wine. That is Victory, in and of itself. Persistence, Perseverence, Sacrifice.

No comments: