Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Happy Independence Day to all! I feel that this is especially appropriate and symbolic for me because this is the last day I will give myself the HcG shot and the last day of the 500 calorie a day diet! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I can't go too crazy with the yea, etc... because still limiting my daily calories to 1200, but that is much more do-able and I get to have a glass of wine, so yea again! I have now lost 12 pounds on this diet and am 117.8, as of today. I would like to lose 7 more pounds by the end of the summer, to get to 110. Anyway, as a parting gift I wanted to mention a couple recipes/ items I made in this low calorie phase of HcG that I will continue using.



Makings for Bruschetta
 Chopped tomatoes, with fresh basil and chopped garlic makes a delicious base for bruschetta with Melba toast crackers (20 calories each cracker). It can also be served over fish, a chicken breast or mixed in scrambled egg whites.




   I also made a lobster salad with leftover lobster the other day that included, chopped lobster, a little chopped red onion, a little chopped celery, a finely chopped green apple and half a lemon squeezed over it all. The soft lobster with the sweet crunchy green apple, was a very refreshing, clean taste.





   I made a rub for my chicken breast, because let's face it, plain chicken breasts can get BORING. I used garlic powder, onion powder. paprika, cumin, cinnamon and a little stevia to add some sweetness, rubbed it and let it sit overnight. You can vary the spices, according to your taste, as long as they don't have sugar in them. I love rubs because they really infuse meats with good flavor without adding many calories.

Chicken Breast with Rub

Another "trick" I've learned with this diet, is to have the veggie part of the meal ready to go, so all I have to do is cook the protein. To that end, I had steamed cabbage in the fridge, sliced cucumbers in vinegar and caramelized onions. So here's to "liberating" twelve nasty pounds of fat and here's to living in a country that is free where we can all pursue Life, Liberty and Happiness- whatever that means to each of us!
Sliced Cucumbers with Apple Cider Vinegar

No comments: