Sunday, January 30, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Things are Looking Up







Walking around the neighborhood the other day, I was heartened to find activity going on in the real estate department. My neighborhood is filled with smaller older houses, or new mega mansions that have been built where the small houses used to be. The building of the mega mansions came to a screeching halt several years ago, but some of the smaller houses that were being re-done also got stalled mid-stream. Now, it seems that some new houses are finishing up construction and some of the smaller houses are getting finishing up remoldeling. I have to think that this is a positive sign in Miami, where real estate prices have fallen to half of the all-time high. Real estate is an important part of our economy, as it affects construction jobs, tax revenue and overall confidence in the economy. I don't think I'm ready to sing "Happy Days Are Here Again!", but maybe a few lines of "Things are looking up!"


Things are looking up
I've been looking the landscape over
and it's covered with four leaf clover
Oh things are looking up
Since love looked up at me.



No comments: