Monday, April 19, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Miracles on a Budget







This is what I love about having a garden- little miracles happen on a daily basis. One day when you visit your garden, you see little green sprouts, where yesterday there was only dirt. Or a flower blooms, that was only promising to the day before. A pea pod emerges from it's shoot, a broccoli flower sprouts out of its center. And all you have to do, after you plant everything, is water it, (which hasn't been a problem lately because it's been raining like crazy.) Oh! And you have to watch out for bugs and caterpillars. One day last year, I went out to find my garden COVERED in grasshoppers, like something out of the bible. I ran to the hardware store... but wait, that's a story for another blog. Today, I am just relishing in my beautiful, grasshopper-free garden. Miracles on a budget.

No comments: