Friday, April 16, 2010

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Happiness is a new Dishwasher


I bought a new dishwasher at Home Depot this morning and due to the appliance rebates (funded with federal stimulus money) and the 10% off on Energy Star appliances Home Depot offered, I saved 30%! I may even get $75 back, if Home Depot recycles the old dishwasher when they haul it away (don't know about that yet). The dishwasher in our house has been pathetic since we moved in 5 years ago. We had to wash everything off before actually putting it in the dishwasher- a waste of water and energy and an ongoing fight between my husband and I. I'm not the best at scraping food off and, when he loads the dishwasher the dishes are already clean. Anyway, a couple months ago the heating coil broke, so the dishes didn't get dry. Dishes with water clinging to them seems like a recipe for dysentery; we are all lucky to still be alive. At any rate, it was time for a new dishwasher and, with the appliance rebate incentive, it seemed like the perfect time to purchase. I got an LG model that was recommended online. It is large, quiet, with stainless steel on the outside and inside and I can't wait for that baby to be delivered. Someone who reviewed it mentioned the zen-like sound the dishwasher makes when operating. Maybe I'll light some incense and meditate while my dishes are washing. OMMMMM......................

No comments: