Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Weight Loss in My Back Pocket

   A slight detour into HcG Diet again. After attaining my weight of 117 at the end of Phase 2, I went off for a vacation in Washington D.C. Although I tried to be "good", it was hard without knowing how many calories I was consuming and without a scale to weigh myself. When I returned home and weighed myself, I had gained 4 pounds- a pound a day for each day I was gone. I immediately went on the protocol for losing 1 or 2 pounds on the HcG and that was: Skip breakfast, lunch and eat a big steak and tomato for dinner (after 7 p.m.). Voila! I lost 2 pounds the next day and eventually got back down to 117, just in time for a 5 day vacation to Club Med. Although I was trying to be "good" at the beginning of the trip, by the end I had surrendered to all the free wine and delicious bread Club Med had to offer. Once again, I gained 4 pounds. My solution? I did the steak day, but with modifications, because skipping breakfast and lunch gives me headaches. I had a protein shake (125 calories) for breakfast, hard boiled egg and 3 Melba toast (120 calories) for lunch and a medium apple (60 calories) for a snack, with a large steak and slice raw tomato for dinner. Result? Lost 2 pounds the next day, and this was with me drinking 2 glasses of red wine! Awesome! With this easy solution available, I feel the HcG weight loss is very easy to maintain.

   When Jeff Bridges had to portray a singer in Crazy Heart, T-Bone Burnett wrote him some songs that he told him he would have in his "back pocket"- aka songs that were within his range of singing, not that hard. With the steak day, I feel I have the solution to gaining weight "in my back pocket". I have one more vacation before the summer ends and I have a good feeling I will be back on the steak day when I return. That's fine, and my apologies to Bruce Springsteen for the take off on his Born in the USA album cover.

No comments: