Saturday, April 14, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Lenten Promises


Last Sunday was Easter and with it ended my Lenten promise to do one good deed each day of Lent. I have to admit, I did not fulfill this task every day, but towards the end, I remembered more, picked up steam and tried to "finish strong". Having said that, I really like the idea of doing something positive, instead of denying myself of a treat, for Lent. I usually give up French fries, but this is not something that I encounter every day and so usually only remember when I'm out to lunch (and sometimes after I've eaten half my fries). Being nice to people, doing good deed-, isn't this What Jesus Would Do? Giving up french fries, not so much. Just imagine if everyone did a good deed each day of the 40 days of Lent. Lent would be a kinder, more compassionate time than even Christmas!

No comments: