Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Happy Leap Day!













Today is February 29th, Leap Day. One day every four years we get an extra day in the year! How exciting and what a gift a single day can be. What are you going to do this Leap Day? I have (so Add Imagefar): taken our kitty to the Humane Society be spade, get her rabies shot and a microchip, watered my garden, got a massage, did some yard work, harvested some oregano, blogged and found out all of my chakras are closed (bummer!) and it's not even noon. This Lent I decided that instead of giving something up I would try to do a good deed a day. It doesn't have to be something big, but just a random act of kindness. Yesterday I brought my bank teller a Pixie Stick (I had heard her say she loved them) and brought my daughter, who is sick, some chicken noodle soup. Doing nice things for other people makes me feel good so this Lenten promise is a win-win. It also focuses my attention on trying to find what nice thing I can do each day, so I am looking for a positive, instead of dwelling on a deprivation. So far, on this Leap Day, I have not done my good deed but that is the fun of it. Happy Leap Day to all!



"Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue."

Buddha

No comments: