Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Upside to the Down Economy/ I Seriously Love my Sirius Radio













I seriously love my SiriusXM Radio. You know how they say money can't buy you happiness? I totally agree, except when it comes to some things. Like my record player where I can play all my old record albums and now my SiriusXM Radio that came free for one year with my new Mini Cooper. I started on channel 40, that plays forties music like Big Band and Frank Sinatra and then hit the Elvis station and haven't moved off #19 since. It is amazing how many different types of music Elvis sang- not just the rock n roll he is known for, but gospel, country, rhythm and blues, movie soundtracks (Can't Help Falling In Love is my favorite from Blue Hawaii) and covers of other artist's songs (like My Way from Mr. Blue Eyes himself). I'm sure I will eventually venture off of Elvis (Bruce Springsteen is the next station past), but for right now I am loving listening to The King broadcast from Graceland! While I was driving to my tennis match today, I was singing along to The Next Step is Love, and even though I lost, I got back in and got to listen to Elvis again, so the day wasn't a total loss. I am now putting together a list of my favorite Elvis songs for when I next visit Graceland and am a guest D.J. One more thing to add to the bucket list. Long Live the King!

No comments: