Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Upsides to the Down Economy/ Florida Quit Line







My son Christopher picked up the unfortunate (and deadly) habit of smoking cigarettes. He decided to quit around a year ago, with the help of nicotine gum. Even though it was expensive, I gladly supplied him with as much Nicorette from CVS as he could chew. While I am basically cheap (let's call it frugal), there are some things you can't put a price tag on and one of them is your (or a loved one's) health. With the help of the nicotine gum Christopher quit smoking. Yeah!!! The other day he had a package delivered and said

"Hey Mom, you know all that money you spent on Nicorette?"

"Yes?"

"I could have gotten it for free with the Florida Quit Line."

The package contained nicotine gum he ordered for a friend through the Florida Quit Line. The website is floridaquitline.com and they offer online and phone counseling, nicotine patches, gum and more all at NO COST. Now, I'm not one who is crazy about the government paying for freebies (especially when our state is going broke) but if they're available, I believe in taking advantage of them. You can also "Speak with a quit coach who will help assess your addiction and create a personalized quit plan" at the website and counselors are available who speak English, Spanish and Creole. I just became their friend on Face Book. Congrats to my friend Lisa York who has quit smoking going on 6 days now. Keep up the good work, and if you need help, check out this website! http://floridaquitline.com/

No comments: